Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Life Drawings





These are just a few of my favorite life drawings of this past month, I really need to start going a lot more consistently if I'm ever going to improve. Inspired by my online character design instructor, Steve Silver, I've been approaching my drawings differently of late, and I'm feeling good about this new direction.
The female model was just stunning, I don't know if I did her any justice but I tried my best. Then I met up with some friends at the Gowanus Yacht Club over on Smith street and downed a few beers, a nice way to end the day, wouldn't you say?

8 comments:

Will said...

I had a girlfriend who made money from being a nude model. She was always very happy to pose for me as well ;) Actually she made 25-30 bucks an hour. Not bad for just sitting in one place yea?

Phil said...

true, true, although, as a guy I'd always be afraid that some girl in the room would turn me on, and things would get a little awkward.

Will said...

Haha yea... couldn't help that movement I suppose

JWebber said...

I was thinking about investigating that Stephen Silver online course. Would you recommend it?

Phil said...

James? how are ya. ? Yes, I would definitely recommend the Design by Stephen Silver online course to anyone regardless of age or experience.

Unknown said...

Phil and friends,

Let me know if you're looking for a figure model- I am one.
lolamodels@gmail.com
Lola

Lovelace said...

That one in the middle kicks ass. Life Drawing is damn hard, like taking bitter medicine or doing one-handed push-ups. Seems like a waste of time but later you realize to are a Better Person for it.

Phil said...

well said Douglas. one can never get enough life drawing in.