Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Figure Drawings





As fall is now directly in front of us, summer is no longer. Instead of sketching in Prospect Park soon I'll have to find other places to draw during the daytime.
Figure drawing starts up again through ASIFA, which is great and I encourage everybody who works in the animation field to get to life drawing sessions, I know for myself they have always elevated my animation and character design. These gestures were drawn a couple of months back, and I've got a lot to improve on, but if I look back at my drawings from a year ago these ones have less line work and seem to have a bit more confidence about them. Hopefully I'll look back at these in a few months and see that I've improved a little.
The drawing of the cars and buildings was done at the entrance of Grand Army Plaza in Brooklyn, damn was it ever hot that day!

No comments: