Thursday, January 17, 2008

St. Joseph's Hospital



I haven't posted anything for a while not because I haven't been drawing much, you see, I've been working my butt off on a few things, one of which is this ad for St. Joseph's Cancer Hospital in Maryland. It should be airing starting this week, It was designed and art directed by David Michael Friend, and the spot looks really beautiful.

This is the cleaned up animation on sc #5 (done using flash and the cintiq tablet). Frank Digregorio cleaned up and Inbetweened most of the chars behind the lovely lady in front.
I roughed this whole scene out over the holidays, while everyone was off with family. Luckily we still had some straggling bottles of Frangelico from an Ad we did last year for them. It goes really well with coffee, try it, you'll see.
My inspiration from this scene came from a woman in union sq as she turned around to see who was approaching her (me).
I had planned to go shopping and I'd imagined a woman folding clothes and as she turned around to offer help I'd record her movements, but It never got that far. The lady in the square took care of that.

2 comments:

april said...

Phil!
I'm so excited to see this-you're such a pimp. So great!

Adam Sacks said...

Nice!